Information about COVID-19 and Insurance
As a result of the Coronaviurs, Clark-Mortenson wants to keep you informed on how the Covid-19 could impact your business and insurance coverage. This is an unprecedented time for all of us, and the information included in this section is current as of today. This can change in the future.
Types of Insurance
Within this section we have several links to various types of insurance. This is only an overview. The actual terms and conditions of any policy language is determined by the insurance company that is providing that policy.
- Business interruption policies and coverage
- Workers' Compensation and Coronavirus
- Vermont COVID-19 Guidance regarding Workers Compensation Premium
- Coronavirus and remote work cyber-security
- Protecting workers from Coronavirus
- Changing operations to adhere to new state guidelines: As the guidelines for businesses are ever changing many businesses have been changing operations to try to stay in business while still adhering to the restrictions set by the government. Some of those changes include businesses offering curbside pick up or delivery now that eat in food service has been restricted.
Document all the facts as to the economic hardship the situation has caused your business, including dates and financial records.
For those businesses with employees who are being paid while not working during COVID-19,the employer should keep detailed records to include; the hours and amounts paid, which employees were paid and start and end date for these payroll payments
You and the people around you
Document the steps you are taking to protect your business, employees, and customers. Preventive measures, business closing, social distancing, etc. (For more useful information on these topics please be sure to view our special Clark-Mortenson Coronavirus Information Center)
Billing and payments
Many insurance companies are letting us know they are recognizing the hardships on businesses regarding their insurance bills that are due. Some of the insurance companies are offering ways to make the billing have less of a financial impact for you. Please contact our office to speak to a trusted advisor about your billing options.