A homeowners policy is intended to cover your buildings, contents, and liability.
- Your Dwelling - the main structure and all attached structures.
- Other Structures - structures detached from your home, i.e., garages, sheds, barns.
- Contents - your belongings that are not permanently attached to your home.
- Loss of Use - extra expense coverage such as hotel room expense, if you suffer a covered loss and cannot stay in your home.
- Liability - coverage and legal defense for physical injury caused to others accidentally for which you are deemed liable.
- Medical Payments - a good will type of coverage. Provides payment for injuries to non-household members regardless of fault.
IMPORTANT NOTE: There are several things a basic homeowners policy either does not cover at all, or has very limited coverage available for (eg Flood, EQ, Jewelry). Please check out additional FAQ's for more information.