FMLA, COBRA & ADA
Date(s) - April 20, 2017
8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Be Ready for FMLA, COBRA, & ADA
A free, half-day workshop designed to help companies tackle the administrative challenges that accompany the federal regulations FMLA, ADA and COBRA.
This workshop will focus on specific situations faced by administrators to help you avoid common issues and the potential for costly lawsuits. We will show you how to implement best practices that will obviate many FMLA, ADA and COBRA disputes and help you properly coordinate these often challenging employment laws.
Attendees will learn:
- The facts about intermittent and reduced-schedule FMLA leave
- Best practices when it comes to tracking FMLA leave
- How to train your managers/supervisors to recognize when an employee may be covered under the ADA
- How to make effective employment decisions regarding hiring, termination and reasonable accommodations
- Common errors employers make when dealing with COBRA
- How to properly navigate the strict timeline and notification requirements laid out under the COBRA regulations
This workshop is a must for: business owners, CFOs, HR Directors and Managers in companies with a mid-to-large sized workforce.