FMLA, COBRA and ADA: The Life Cycle of an Employee
Date(s) - May 2, 2018
8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Courtyard by Marriott
Be Ready for FMLA, COBRA and ADA: The Life Cycle of an Employee
This workshop will focus on specific situations faced by administrators to help you avoid common issues and the potential for costly lawsuits. We will show you how to implement best practices that will obviate many FMLA, ADA and COBRA disputes and help you properly coordinate these often challenging employment laws.
- The facts about intermittent and reduced-schedule FMLA leave
- Best practices when it comes to tracking FMLA leave
- How to train your managers/supervisors to recognize when an employee maybe covered under the ADA
- How to make effective employment decisions regarding hiring, termination and reasonable accommodations
- Common errors employers make when dealing with COBRA
- How to properly navigate the strict timeline and notification requirements laid out under the COBRA regulations
Presented by Bryanne Kingsbury, Chris McIntosh and Jim Hill, this workshop is a must for: business owners, CFOs, HR Directors and Managers in companies with a mid-to-large sized workforce.