Date(s) - September 26, 2018
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Student Conservation Association
A FREE, two hour seminar designed to help organizations understand the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) was enacted during the Great Depression to set minimum wage, overtime pay, record keeping and child labor standards. While it succeeded in protecting workers, it also created a maze of compliance issues. The consequences of misclassification are great, and you need to know that your company is in compliance. In this seminar, we’ll review the steps your organization should take to comply with FLSA.
What you will learn:
• Common mistakes employers make when classifying their employees as exempt vs. non-exempt
• What makes an independent contractor “independent”
• How to determine, and apply, FLSA exemptions
• How inadequate recordkeeping can come cause disruption to your organization
• How to conform with the DOL’s new overtime rules, and how it may impact your organization
• Strategies for complying with the DOL’s new overtime rules
This workshop is a must for: business owners, HR directors, managers and anyone else responsible for wage and hour.
Registration will open 30 days prior to the event.