FLSA & EEOC
Date(s) - October 12, 2017
8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Cheshire Historical Society
FLSA & EEOC Seminar
Avoiding Workplace Harassment and Discrimination
The Fair Labor Standards Act • Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
A free, half-day workshop to help companies ensure compliance with the FLSA & EEOC.
- How to avoid the most common mistakes employers make when dealing with the FLSA & EEOC
- Why you and your managers could be personally liable for violations
- Why it’s a bad idea to classify all office and management personnel as “exempt”
- Why – and how – to avoid using “comp” time between pay periods
- How inadequate recordkeeping can come to cause disruption to your organization
- What you must do to comply with statutes enforced by the EEOC
The Fair Labor Standards Act was enacted during the Great Depression to set minimum wage, overtime pay, record keeping and child labor standards. While it succeeded in protecting workers, it also created a maze of compliance issues. The consequences of misclassification are great. You need to know that your company is in compliance.
Allegations under the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission are continuing to rise. Enforcement penalties and jury awards are well over $40 million annually. This workshop will help you understand your legal requirements pertaining to the EEOC, and will give you the tools and resources to assist with compliance.
With a focus on specific situations, this workshop will help you avoid common mistakes that could lead to potentially costly lawsuits and government fines. We will show you how to implement practices that will ensure proper compliance.
This workshop is a must for: business owners, CFOs, HR directors, managers and supervisors.
Questions? Email email@example.com or call 877-352-2121.