Affordable Care Act

Man in Doctors Office

Affordable Care Act (ACA)


As of November 1st, 2015, enrollment in the Affordable Care Act (ACA) is currently open.  Anyone looking to be enrolled in a health plan in 2016 can do so until the deadline of January 31, 2016.

If you are looking are for individual health coverage through the exchange, and are looking for a tax break with premiums, you may visit or call  800-318-2596. If you are looking for coverage off of the exchange through Anthem, Harvard Pilgrim and Community Options, you may contact us for assistance at 877-352-2121.


On December 28th, 2015, the IRS issued Notice 2016-4 to delay the due dates for filing and furnishing forms under Section 6055 and 6056. Click here for all of the details.

On Sept. 17, 2015, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) released final 2015 versions of the forms and instructions that employers will use to report under Sections 6055 and 6056.

Under these new reporting rules, certain employers must provide information to the IRS about the health plan coverage they offer (or do not offer) or provide to their employees. Reporting is first required in 2016, related to the coverage offered or provided in 2015.

  1. Form 1094-B and Form 1095-B (and related instructions) will be used by entities reporting under Section 6055, including sponsors of self-insured group health plans that are not reporting as applicable large employers (ALEs).
  2. Form 1094-C and Form 1095-C (and related instructions) will be used by ALEs that are reporting under Section 6056, and for combined reporting by ALEs that sponsor self-insured plans required to report under both Sections 6055 and 6056.

On the same day, the IRS issued Notice 2015-68 to provide additional guidance for purposes of Section 6055 reporting.

If you have questions about how the ACA may affect you, please CONTACT US at 877-352-2121 or email us at