In the Community
We're Ready to Give Back!
At Clark-Mortenson, part of our mission is "giving back and enriching the communities that we serve". Each year, Clark-Mortenson selects non-profit organizations as Charities of Choice to support throughout the year.
Clark-Mortenson is also a proud supporter of the United Way and in the past has been awarded the Spirit of Monadnock Award by the Monadnock United Way. The Spirit of Monadnock Award is the highest award a business is able to receive through the Monadnock United Way and is "reserved for the organization and its employees who best exemplify the spirit of our region through a culture of strong commitment, positive attitude, and demonstration of continued broad-based support for the community and the Monadnock United Way."
We are proud to have been named amongst the Circle of Excellence Awards and would like to extend our congrats to the other local businesses that are awarded each year!
In 2013, Clark-Mortenson was proud to be one of five businesses in the state to receive the Spirit of New Hampshire Volunteer Champion Award on behalf of the Volunteer in NH organization. The award is in acknowledgment of exemplary contributions to volunteerism and to the betterment of life in New Hampshire.
A few ways we give back:
- Our staff actively participates and/or sits on the boards of different civic and volunteer organizations.
- We look for each of our employees to volunteer one full day away from the office at a civic and/or charitable organization of their choice. This is paid time off from work and results in our staff giving back the equivalent of ten work weeks per year to the community.
- A group of our staff participates in instructing driver's education programs and new home buyer's seminars. These programs are offered throughout the communities in which we serve.
- Each year we participate in supporting the United Way and had 92% employee participation, as well as providing a "loaned" employee.
- We have adopted a section of highway in Cheshire County. A team of employees actively participates in keeping the highway clean by meeting four times a year to do highway cleanup outside of work hours.
- Our 2018 Charities of Choices were Keene Family YMCA, Walpole Village School and Arrowhead Recreation Center. And we held a number of internal fundraisers and raised over one thousand dollars which we shared between organizations.
A few organizations that we've supported:
Stonewall Farm; Monadnock Humane Society; Sullivan County Humane Society; Cedarcrest Center for Children with Disabilities; Meeting Waters YMCA; Relay for Life; Girl Scouts; NH West Chapter of the American Red Cross; American Cancer Society's Daffodil Days; United Way Days of Caring; Keene Pumpkin Festival; Special Olympics; Habitat for Humanity; The Keene Community Kitchen; Fall Mountain Food Pantry; Woodstock VT Food Shelf; The Upper Valley Haven.
We are very fortunate to live and work in such a wonderful part of this country. We want to be your Trusted Advisors for insurance and financial services, but more importantly, we want to be good community citizens. Through our active community involvement, we are pleased to be able to give back to the communities where we work and live.
If you are interested in having your non-profit organization be considered for our "Charity of Choice" sponsorship, please click below.